Angelina Jolie`s breast surgery urges women to take control of breast cancer
Melbourne: Angelina Jolie`s daring act of going public following her recent preventive double mastectomy has prompted a 700 per cent increase in traffic for local charity, Pink Hope.
Founder of the Pink Hope Charity, Krystal Barter, spoke at the annual brunch on Friday and remembered her experience of undergoing the same surgery at the age of 25.
Barter told Confidential that the Hollywood actress has given them a powerful gift as it is making people realize that it`s a worthy cause, the Daily Telegraph reported.
She asserted to the publication that people are standing up and listening and realizing that cancer is a cause worth supporting.
She added that hereditary cancer is not a sporadic case of cancer in a family, but it is generations upon generations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall