Being vegetarian helps in martial arts: Vidyut Jamwal
Mumbai: Actor Vidyut Jamwal, who has been seen flaunting his well-sculpted body on the big screen, turned vegetarian more than a decade ago and enjoys the perks of healthy eating habits. He says he is "more agile and faster".
"After I switched to being a vegetarian, every thing in my life changed. Every good thing is happening," the 35-year-old said here Thursday at the launch of a new PETA ad.
"I really mean it because I saw transformations in my body, my mind. I could feel the connectivity between my brain and my body. That`s the only reason that was very selfish. After that I started evolving with my physical ability. I realised that I am more agile, faster," he added.
When it comes to martial arts, the "Force" fame actor describes himself as a "selfish" person and added: "I am a selfish man with martial arts, so it`s been helping me a lot. My body started looking better. It was not beefy, it was well sculpted. I could lose and gain weight whenever I wanted."
Vidyut, a national-level gymnast and an expert in Kalaripayattu -- a form of martial arts from Kerala, will be seen flexing his muscles and flaunting his martial art expertise in ‘Commando’, which released Friday.
Recalling the time when Vidyut was a non-vegetarian, he said: "After I turned vegetarian, I realised what I have been losing when I was a non-vegetarian. It`s been about 14 or 15 years that I have stopped eating non-vegetarian food. I was eating mutton, chicken ... every day of my life, every meal of my life."
Meanwhile, Vidyut is happy with the response to his performance in action-packed "Commando".
His next will be Tigmanshu Dhulia-directed ‘Bullet Raja’, in which he will share the screen space with Saif Ali Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia and I can say no to Karan Johar for a film: Varun Dhawan
- Rajinikanth's daughter Soundarya's car rams into auto-rickshaw, Dhanush saves her day
- Mahershala Ali to have two roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah': Tappu aka Bhavya Gandhi quits show
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals how to avoid negativity and her thoughts truly deserve an applause
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall