Beware of secretly unhealthy food items
London: Many brands try to entice you by mentioning fat-free or sugar-free on their products. But not all are good for your body, especially if you are aiming for a better physique.
Here are some food items that you should eat with caution, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* Fat-free foods: If it is fat-free, it doesn`t mean it is calorie-free. Fat is generally replaced by sugar and sodium. Sugar is then converted into fat and is stored in your body like the other fats until it is burned off as energy.
* Salads: Many salads are packed with high calorie ingredients, such as cheese, bacon bits, nuts, avocado and creamy dressings. They also consist of oil, butter, mayonnaise and other fat-laden sauces.
* Energy bars: Just because they come in fancy packaging with health claims doesn`t mean they are healthy. Many are full of white flour, sugar and some can be high in saturated fat and contain little to no fibre.
* Smoothies: The main ingredient is fruit juice, which lacks fibre found in the fruit itself. Most smoothie places use frozen yoghurt as a base and then add additional sugar. Grab an apple, a pear, a handful of grapes or a banana instead.
* Breakfast cereals: Some cereals are healthier than others. Choosing the wrong box might be equivalent to eating dessert as some cereals are high in sugar and fat. The main ones to watch out for are your sugar-coated or ‘frosted’ kids’ ones, along with some of the nutty ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks