Beyonce, Jay Z turn vegan
Los Angeles: Pop star Beyonce Knowles and husband Jay Z have embarked on a 22-day vegan challenge until Christmas Day.
The 44-year-old rapper and his pop star wife are inspired by a close friend to give up meat and dairy products, reported E! online.
"Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. On the 22nd day, you`ve found the way. On December 3, one day before my 44th birthday I will embark on a 22 Days challenge to go completely vegan, or as I prefer to call it, plant-based," Jay Z wrote on his blog.
"This all began a few months back when a good friend and vegan challenged me to embrace a `plant-based breakfast` everyday. It was surprisingly easier on me than I thought," he said.
As vegans the couple should also avoid animal-derived garments, including fur, wool and leather, although Beyonce, 32, was spotted wearing wool and leather while visiting a vegan eatery Real Food Daily in West Hollywood this week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!