Body massages ideal for winter
New Delhi: People normally do not like to go for body massage during the winter, but an expert suggests that winter season is the best for massages.
Gyurme Tenzing, founder of Alaya spa and salon, says massages are very good during winters and it is perhaps the best time around the year to go for oil as well as dry massages.
“When you talk about massages, it is always the blend of the oil that leads to body warmth. Dry massages help in blood circulation and benefit the muscles. A few oils like cinnamon leaf oil, cinnamon bark oil are recommended the most during winters as these oils have heating properties,” Tenzing told IANS.
He suggests a few more options:
- Hot stone therapy: In this, the therapist places smooth and water heated stones on certain parts of the body. The heat that is generated by the stone works fine on the body and is especially very effective during winter.
- Thai traditional massage: It is a dry massage that incorporates stretching of body parts which improves the blood circulation of the body.
- Shiatsu: It is another dry massage which only focusses on the release of muscle tension, which ultimately gives you deep relaxation. It is a Japanese technique, which involves working on back body with pressure.
- Traditional Balinese: It is an oil-based massage - a combination of acupressure, reflexology, stretching and aromatherapy. It helps you during winters by stimulating circulation. The problem of joint pain is also taken care of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?
- Fact alert! Anushka Sharma performed her own stunts in Salman Khan's 'Sultan'
- Maanayata, hubby Sanjay Dutt's adorable dance is the most romantic thing you will watch today!
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall