Britney Spears` mum says ex-manager drugged singer
London: Britney Spears` mother has claimed that her daughter`s former manager put crushed-up drugs into the singer`s food.
Lynne Spears has told a US court that Osama `Sam` Lufti admitted to her that he did it five years ago to help the star sleep, the BBC reported.
At the time, Britney was going through a public meltdown where she shaved her head, temporarily lost custody of her children and was briefly hospitalised.
Lufti is suing Britney`s mother, saying she wrote lies about him.
Lynne Spears has been giving evidence in her defense.
On the claims Britney`s food was drugged in 2007, Lynne Spears told the court: "Those were his exact words."
"I was very worried and I didn`t know what to do so I tried to get her away from there."
She also claims Lufti cut off Britney`s communication by disabling her phone.
On cross-examination, Lynne Spears said that despite her worry about Britney she didn`t call police.
She also admitted that she was estranged from her daughter for a brief period in 2007 and Lufti told her he wanted to help reunite them.
The accusations refer to the year Lufti said he was Spears`` manager, before he was let go from her team in 2008.
Lufti is suing the star`s parents and Britney herself. He says Lynne Spears made damaging claims about him in her 2008 book ``Through the Storm``.
He is also suing Jamie Spears, the singer`s father, for punching him.
Lufti is seeking a share of Britney Spears`` fortune saying he had an agreement to act as her manager in exchange for 15 percent of her earnings.
He`s always maintained he was a friend of Spears who tried to help the singer get clean of drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall