Camilla jets to India for `yoga at dawn and spiritual massages` ahead of Oz tour
London: Camilla, who clearly felt in need of a little pampering ahead of a three-week tour of Papua New Guinea, Australia and New Zealand, has flown to southern India for a secret week-long retreat at a “holistic heath centre”.
The Duchess of Cornwall can take advantage of customised dawn yoga sessions and ‘spiritually healing’ ayurvedic massages there.
The 65-year-old second wife of Prince Charles arrived at the Soukya International Holistic Health Centre in Bangalore on Saturday with a party of ten, which is believed to include members of her family as well as a personal assistant and her Scotland Yard bodyguards.
Prince Charles, who is famously an advocate of alternative remedies, is not among the group and it is understood that the royal is staying in the centre’s 3,500 pounds-a-night presidential suite.
Measuring 2,500 sq ft, the suite boasts three bedrooms, a fruit garden, an open air shower and its own lotus pond. The duchess enjoyed a four-night stay in the same suite when she and Charles visited the country for the Commonwealth Games in 2010.
The retreat claims to be a “unique facility that helps restore the natural balance of your mind, body and spirit.”
According to an insider, the last time the duchess stayed she undertook daily dawn yoga and meditation sessions and also had several ayurvedic massages.
Clarence House has confirmed that the duchess was out of the country on a private holiday.
“The Duchess of Cornwall is on a private holiday,” the Daily Mail quoted a spokesman as saying.
“She will fly on to meet up with the Prince of Wales for the start of their Diamond Jubilee tour to Papua New Guinea, Australia and New Zealand next weekend,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall