Catherine Zeta-Jones credits family for overcoming bipolar struggle
Los Angeles: Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones believes stress over husband Michael Douglas` throat cancer diagnosis triggered her bipolar problem.
The 43-year-old actress, who just finished treatment on her problem, credited her family and close friends for helping her overcome the ordeal, the Ace Showbiz reported quoting Stella magazine.
"When you get sideswiped like that (Douglas` cancer diagnosis), it`s an obvious trigger for your balance to be a little bit off - not sleeping, worry, stress. It`s a classic trigger," Zeta-Jones said.
The actress said her husband`s diagnosis came as a "huge shock".
"I thought I didn`t have the tools to cope. But it`s amazing where the strength comes from - from family and friends, from strangers supporting us," she added.
Talking about her husband`s road to recovery, Zeta-Jones said they did not hide anything from their two children and Douglas dealt with the problem head on.
"He`s a very matter-of-fact person. Once he was diagnosed he was like, `Okay, what do I do?`... It was very intensive ... But he still retained his sense of humor.
"He was very open with the children. No secrets - they went and saw him having treatment. Together we all coped with everything. It did make us closer. But I wouldn`t wish it on anybody."
Douglas, who declared that he was cancer free, recently caused a stir by suggesting that oral sex may have contributed to his throat cancer.
The Welsh actress made her first public appearance since her rehab stint at the premiere of her new movie "Red 2" in Los Angeles recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor’s ex-girlfriends - Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif - to do a film together!
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall