Catherine Zeta-Jones credits family for overcoming bipolar struggle
Los Angeles: Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones believes stress over husband Michael Douglas` throat cancer diagnosis triggered her bipolar problem.
The 43-year-old actress, who just finished treatment on her problem, credited her family and close friends for helping her overcome the ordeal, the Ace Showbiz reported quoting Stella magazine.
"When you get sideswiped like that (Douglas` cancer diagnosis), it`s an obvious trigger for your balance to be a little bit off - not sleeping, worry, stress. It`s a classic trigger," Zeta-Jones said.
The actress said her husband`s diagnosis came as a "huge shock".
"I thought I didn`t have the tools to cope. But it`s amazing where the strength comes from - from family and friends, from strangers supporting us," she added.
Talking about her husband`s road to recovery, Zeta-Jones said they did not hide anything from their two children and Douglas dealt with the problem head on.
"He`s a very matter-of-fact person. Once he was diagnosed he was like, `Okay, what do I do?`... It was very intensive ... But he still retained his sense of humor.
"He was very open with the children. No secrets - they went and saw him having treatment. Together we all coped with everything. It did make us closer. But I wouldn`t wish it on anybody."
Douglas, who declared that he was cancer free, recently caused a stir by suggesting that oral sex may have contributed to his throat cancer.
The Welsh actress made her first public appearance since her rehab stint at the premiere of her new movie "Red 2" in Los Angeles recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- Playwright, actor Sam Shepard arrested on drunken driving charge
- Vegas police deny probe into B.B. King poison claims
- Broadway 2014-2015 season is best ever with $1.36 billion in grosses
- No ‘roka’ for Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif!
- `Tomorrowland` tops North American box office
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Judge to hold hearing on whether Shakira's copyright accuser lied
- Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Check out: When Anushka Sharma met ‘PK’
- Spanish director Vicente Aranda dies at 88
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results to be declared today at 1 PM on on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Result 2015 is likely to be declared soon
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results to be announced today soon on mahresult.nic.in