Celeb comparing weight scales pulled by maker amid backlash
London: A new scale compares a user`s weight to celebs like singer Adele, towards the upper end, and Cheryl Cole, towards the lower end, has been pulled out after complaints.
The beauty and health retailer, Superdrug, was set to trial the pink scales that compared a user`s weight to that of a celebrity, at stores across the country but has now given up on their plan, Metro.co.uk reported.
The scales indicated whether users weighed same as stars like Adele, Cheryl Cole, TV presenter Holly Willoughby, the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Beyonce etc.
Superdrug had earlier claimed that the celebrity scales would help women become more comfortable in discussing weight problems.
But the UK`s leading eating disorder charity, Beat, said that the scales preyed on the very worst of celebrity culture to fuel a harmful obsession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall