Celebs` secrets to banishing cellulite
Melbourne: Wanting to maintain a toned bottom and smooth and sculpted thighs is every woman`s wish, and here to help are tips that celebrities received on how to get rid of cellulite.
Dermatologist to the stars, Dr Howard Murad has been advising celebrities on how to stay toned, and he explains in Body and Soul magazine why women as skinny as Kate Moss can still get cellulite.
"Cellulite is not a fat problem. It`s a skin cellular problem, you can have total liposuction and get rid of every bit of regular fat and still have cellulite - you can exercise till the cows come home, it isn`t going to help," he said.
Murad goes on to explain why his methods work such wonders, and how you too can get rid of cellulite, by eating foods that will help rid our bodies of lumps.
"Foods rich in nutrients like lecithin, essential fatty acids, amino acids and antioxidants will reduce cellular inflammation, squeeze out excess fluids, and, most importantly, increase circulation which prevents cells from migrating to the surface and looking like cottage cheese," he explained.
The key to beating cellulite, he says, is to strengthen the skin through the food we eat.
Kate Moss takes her antioxidants in the form of white tea. She combines this with lecithin from eggs and soya and gains some essential fatty acids from nuts and seeds.
Jennifer Lopez loves spinach (lecithin), and claims to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner when she needs to get her legs in shape. J Lo also loves flax seeds, citrus fruits, iceberg lettuce and olive oil, all essential to give her the full range of nutrients needed to combat cellulite.
Claudia Schiffer drinks in her lecithin from tomato juice and gets her antioxidants from green and herbal teas. Claudia eats lots of citrus fruit and makes sure to eat enough essential fatty acids by dining on avocados and salmon.
Cameron Diaz whips up a homemade vegetable soup, which contains some of the most important foods on Murad`s list. Adding pulses to her diet is a winner for her and she also drinks a lot of green tea.
Jennifer Aniston makes a point of eating lots and lots of essential fatty acids in the form of nuts, seeds, canola oil and fresh tuna. She eats cauliflower and eggs for lecithin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10 Things you should definitely do in a lifetime
- Lalit Sen to compose for new TV show
- Irrfan, Deepika took romance to new level: Sircar
- Will judge contestants on the basis of voice: Shaan
- Salman Khan arrives in Himachal Pradesh to attend Arpita's wedding reception
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Watch: Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Vanessa Hudgens suffering from tendinitis
- Gul Panag launches fitness app in Mumbai
- Michelle Obama packs a punch, accepts workout challenge
- Want to lose weight? Eat little, but often
- Tom Hardy reveals painful drug-addled past
- Portia De Rossi opens up about early struggle with bulimia, anorexia
- Tanuja, daughters create breast cancer awareness
- Meditation should be part of school curriculum: Shoojit Sircar
- Zoe Saldana has banished 'diet'
- Mandira Bedi turns fitness guru
- Sam Smith happier than ever post weight loss
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla