Celine Dion`s husband recovering from cancer surgery
London:Singer Celine Dion`s husband Rene Angelil has undergone a surgery to remove tumour from his throat.
The `My Heart Will Go On` hitmaker has been supporting him after he underwent a surgery on December 23 to have a tumour removed, and the couple are relieved the operation was successful.
"Putting to rest rumours that have been circulating these past few weeks, Rene Angelil`s office confirmed today that he has been recovering at home in Las Vegas following surgery to remove a cancerous tumour from his throat on December 23rd.
"The procedure was successful and Mr Angelil was released from hospital a few days following the surgery," Dion`s representative said.
Angelil -- who has grown-up children Patrick, Jean-Pierre and Anne-Marie from his previous marriages and Rene-Charles, 13, and twins Eddy and Nelson, three, with Dion -- has taken a break from his career managing his 45-year-old spouse to focus on his recovery and relax with his family.
"During his recovery, Mr Angelil has decided to take a short hiatus from his normal work schedule, and concentrate on rebuilding his strength through proper rest and nutrition," the representative added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Comedian Bharti Singh secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Beauty And The Beast' teaser poster OUT! Get ready for a magical ride
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- Ellen Degeneres makes history at People's Choice Awards 2017! Check out the winners list
- Shah Rukh Khan in Sahir Ludhianvi biopic by Sanjay Leela Bhansali? Here's what you should know
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall