Chris Hemsworth on crash diet for movie role
Los Angeles: Actor Chris Hemsworth, who gained 20 pounds of muscle to play superhero Thor, is now working on losing weight by going on a crash diet.
The 30-year-old, who will be seen in `Heart of the Sea`, shared back story of why he needs to lose weight for the film.
"A bunch of sailors in a whaling ship get struck by a whale, the ship sinks and they jump onto the small rafts and drift for 90 days. And basically they begin to die and eat each other ... a romantic comedy," huffingtonpost.com quoted Hemsworth as saying.
"And we have to get rather skinny. So we`re on 500 or 600 calories a day,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled