Dame Judi Dench battling with eyesight problem
Los Angeles: Actress Dame Judi Dench`s eyesight is reportedly deteriorating and she can`t recognise faces or read her own scripts.
The 79-year-old was diagnosed with the condition two years ago, reports contactmusic.com.
Staff on her latest film “Philomena”, in which she plays the title role, were inspired by her attitude and praised the "wonderful" actress for her "openness" about her sight problems.
"Judi was totally inspirational. She can`t read her own scripts so her friends have to go through them with her or she`ll learn them on a tape recorder. There were many times during filming where her sight was a problem for her with recognising faces or objects and often someone would just jump in and help her move about so she didn`t lose her footing,” said a source.
"She was absolutely wonderful because she was totally open about her eye condition and would just ask for help when she needed it or apologise for not recognising someone. But she was always line-perfect. She is incredible to watch. She may not be able to see her scripts, but she delivers lines like no one else,” the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall