Diabetes would affect future roles: Tom Hanks
London: Hollywood star Tom Hanks thinks gaining or losing weight for his future movie roles would be difficult now that he has been diagnosed with diabetes.
The 57-year-old actor, who has been dealing with high blood pressure since the age of 36, recently revealed he has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, a lifelong condition which occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin, reported BBC news.
The Oscar winning actor had to lose weight for his roles in `Philadelphia`, `Castaway` and `Forrest Gump`.
"I`ve talked to a number of actors who have gained weight for roles and just out of the sheer physical toll on one`s knees and shoulders ? no one wants to do it again," Hanks said.
"I think that`s more or less a young man`s game. I`m 57 and I don`t think I`m going to take on any job or go on any vacation again and see to it that I can gain 30 lbs. Gaining and losing of weight may have had something to do with this, because you eat so much bad food and you don`t get any exercise when you`re eavy," he added.
But the actor thinks that he may have got the disease genetically.
"But I think I was genetically inclined to get it. I think it actually goes back to a lifestyle I`ve been leading ever since I was 7 years old, as opposed to 36. Pizza is the most delightful thing ever invented, and it`s for me diabolically dangerous," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall