Diane Keaton consumed 20,000 calories a day
London: Veteran Hollywood actress Diane Keaton says she binged on 20,000 calories a day while suffering from bulimia in her twenties.
The 68-year-old Oscar-winner, who has a long list of blockbuster films under her belt including `The Godfather`, said said her typical dinner would consist of "a bucket of fried chicken, several orders of fries with blue cheese, a quart of soda, pounds of candy and a whole cake," reportedly.
"It was horrible. It was, of course, the lowest point in my life. I was a fat person, I was an obese person, who had somehow tricked myself and managed to hide it. So when you`re living with a lie for four years, think about what that does to you," Keaton said.
"All I did was feed my hunger, and I am an addict. It`s true. I`m an addict in recovery, I`ll always be an addict. I have an addictive nature to me," she added.
She had first revealed her battle with bulimia in a memoir released in 2011. The actress said she now concentrates on working and looking after her two adopted children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall