Diane Keaton needed new teeth after bulimia battle
London: `Annie Hall` star Diane Keaton vomited so many times during her battle with bulimia that she had to get her teeth re-capped.
The 65-year-old Oscar-winning actress said in her new memoir, `Then Again`, how she spent years gorging on food and bringing it back up in secret.
Keaton eventually overcame her eating disorder but stomach acid had ruined the enamel on her front teeth and caused a string of health issues, including severe heartburn and a permanent sore throat, reported Contactmusic.
"But it was a big lie. And it was horrible. What`s amazing is it`s over. I never get the urge to do it now. I have friends who were alcoholics, who told me when they were finished that they didn`t have the desire. I remember thinking it`s not possible. But it is possible. It really does alter your life, being an addict. This is how people get reduced and your life implodes in on you," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hope filing FIR for women becomes better, says Amitabh Bachchan post 'Pink'
- Unstoppable 'PINK' box office collections: Amitabh Bachchan starrer crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- Karan Johar opens up about his two-year-battle with clinical depression
- Obama, DiCaprio to discuss climate change
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall