Don`t let hot summer nights rob sleep
London: We end up having sleepless nights when the temperature mercilessly goes up and frequency of power cuts increases. If keeping windows open for fresh air is one way to get good sleep, there are more you can do to sleep like a baby.
Femalefirst.co.uk shares advice given by the Sleep Council on how to get perfect night’s sleep during summer season.
- To keep the room cool during night, start from daytime by keeping curtains drawn.
- Use cotton sheets instead of blankets.
- Wear light cotton nightwear to absorb perspiration.
- Take bath with cold water before bedtime to lower your body temperature.
- Also drink cold water during evening and keep a bottle of water near your bed.
- Stay away from heavy meal, caffeine, alcohol as these can make you feel hot in the middle of the night due to dehydration or over-active digestion.
- To get relief from heat, you can put a tray of ice and water in front of the fan which will further cool the air.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms