Don`t let hot summer nights rob sleep
London: We end up having sleepless nights when the temperature mercilessly goes up and frequency of power cuts increases. If keeping windows open for fresh air is one way to get good sleep, there are more you can do to sleep like a baby.
Femalefirst.co.uk shares advice given by the Sleep Council on how to get perfect night’s sleep during summer season.
- To keep the room cool during night, start from daytime by keeping curtains drawn.
- Use cotton sheets instead of blankets.
- Wear light cotton nightwear to absorb perspiration.
- Take bath with cold water before bedtime to lower your body temperature.
- Also drink cold water during evening and keep a bottle of water near your bed.
- Stay away from heavy meal, caffeine, alcohol as these can make you feel hot in the middle of the night due to dehydration or over-active digestion.
- To get relief from heat, you can put a tray of ice and water in front of the fan which will further cool the air.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall