Done therapy since I was 10: Halle Berry
London: Actress Halle Berry says she has been in therapy for over 30 years and now also seeks professional help whenever she is stressed.
The 46-year-old, who has five-year-old daughter Nahla with ex-partner Gabriel Aubry, finds it helpful to talk through her problems with someone independent.
"I`ve done therapy on an as-needed basis since I was probably 10 years old. My father was an alcoholic and a very abusive one, and my mother knew the value of providing me with the outlet of an unbiased person to talk to, so I`ve done that all my life when times get stressful. It really helps me deal with stuff," she said.
However, the ‘Cloud Atlas’ star said she tries to keep her problems hidden from her loved ones and would hate to take them out on other people.
"I try really hard not to take my problems out on others and, in order to do that, I tend to mask the bad stuff or deal with it internally - you know, keep my chin up, put on a brave face and just keep going. If I do have a problem, I handle it so well that most other people don`t even know about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall