Douglas recovering from throat cancer wants wine
London: Hollywood veteran Michael Douglas desperately wants to complete his throat cancer treatment as he can`t wait to gulp down a glass of wine.
The `Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps` star recently completed a gruelling course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy on a tumour in his throat and is looking forward to indulge in his favourite alcoholic tipple once his treatment is over, a website reported.
"I`ve always been a positive person and I will kick this thing. But on the other hand the processes that they are using to eliminate it will take their toll. A lot of my energy as gone and I have increased soreness in my mouth. But overall I feel good. And I`m looking forward to enjoying a good glass of wine when I get my tasted buds back again," said the actor.
The 66-year-old star, who battled cancer and has witnessed elder son Cameron being jailed for drugs offences, claimed himself to be lucky as he has never suffered so much hardship until this year.
"I`ve had a pretty stressful year this year, on some fronts that were public and some other fronts that weren`t. And let`s face it, things had been going pretty good with me for a long time before this and once in a while, life has to throw you a curve ball just to test you," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall