Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment
London: After undergoing cancer treatment, Michael Douglas has vowed to act again and said he is looking forward to his next role as Liberace.
The Oscar-winning actor, who has been battling throat cancer since August, said he was looking forward to the ‘third act’ of his career.
He would play the title part in director Steven Soderbergh`s ‘Liberace’, due to begin filming in May or June, and is currently studying videos of the entertainer at his apartment in New York.
Douglas, 66, who has undergone eight weeks of grueling treatment, said he would undergo a scan in January to see if his cancer has been eliminated.
He said the diagnosis had brought him closer to his father Kirk Douglas with whom he had a strained relationship for many years.
“I`ve been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support. Cancer has shown me what family is. It showed me a love that I never knew really existed,” the Telegraph quoted him as telling the Hollywood Reporter.
He is also making plans to take wife Catherine Zeta-Jones and their two children, Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, on a round-the-world trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Singer Pete Burns dies of heart attack at 57
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Kahaani 2 trailer alert: Vidya Balan as Durga Rani Singh will leave you enchanted
- Kajol on board Salman Khan’s Dabangg 3?
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall