Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment
London: After undergoing cancer treatment, Michael Douglas has vowed to act again and said he is looking forward to his next role as Liberace.
The Oscar-winning actor, who has been battling throat cancer since August, said he was looking forward to the ‘third act’ of his career.
He would play the title part in director Steven Soderbergh`s ‘Liberace’, due to begin filming in May or June, and is currently studying videos of the entertainer at his apartment in New York.
Douglas, 66, who has undergone eight weeks of grueling treatment, said he would undergo a scan in January to see if his cancer has been eliminated.
He said the diagnosis had brought him closer to his father Kirk Douglas with whom he had a strained relationship for many years.
“I`ve been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support. Cancer has shown me what family is. It showed me a love that I never knew really existed,” the Telegraph quoted him as telling the Hollywood Reporter.
He is also making plans to take wife Catherine Zeta-Jones and their two children, Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, on a round-the-world trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms