Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment
London: After undergoing cancer treatment, Michael Douglas has vowed to act again and said he is looking forward to his next role as Liberace.
The Oscar-winning actor, who has been battling throat cancer since August, said he was looking forward to the ‘third act’ of his career.
He would play the title part in director Steven Soderbergh`s ‘Liberace’, due to begin filming in May or June, and is currently studying videos of the entertainer at his apartment in New York.
Douglas, 66, who has undergone eight weeks of grueling treatment, said he would undergo a scan in January to see if his cancer has been eliminated.
He said the diagnosis had brought him closer to his father Kirk Douglas with whom he had a strained relationship for many years.
“I`ve been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support. Cancer has shown me what family is. It showed me a love that I never knew really existed,” the Telegraph quoted him as telling the Hollywood Reporter.
He is also making plans to take wife Catherine Zeta-Jones and their two children, Dylan, 10, and Carys, seven, on a round-the-world trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jacqueline Fernandez turns elegant showstopper for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall