Dustin Hoffman feels great after cancer surgery
Los Angeles: Two-time Oscar winner Dustin Hoffman has successfully undergone surgery for cancer, according to his representative.
Jodi Gottlieb said that the 75-year-old actor has been treated for cancer and is currently in good health, reported People magazine.
"It (the cancer) was detected early and he has been surgically cured. Dustin is feeling great and is in good health," Jodi said.
The legendary actor-director is expected to undergo further treatment to prevent a re-occurrence, which is normal procedure after most cancer surgeries.
Jodi did not share any further information about Hoffman`s health.
`The Graduate` star, who has been married to Lisa Gottsegen since 1980, is a father of six and grandfather of three, and his family is relieved that he beat cancer.
The iconic star recently wrapped production on Jon Favreau`s `Chef` in mid-July, and he will be back in action soon when he begins filming Roald Dahl`s `Esio Trot` with Judi Dench in the fall.
The six-time Golden Globe winner will also star in `Boys Choir`, which is scheduled to begin production later this year or in early 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall