Dustin Hoffman feels great after cancer surgery
Los Angeles: Two-time Oscar winner Dustin Hoffman has successfully undergone surgery for cancer, according to his representative.
Jodi Gottlieb said that the 75-year-old actor has been treated for cancer and is currently in good health, reported People magazine.
"It (the cancer) was detected early and he has been surgically cured. Dustin is feeling great and is in good health," Jodi said.
The legendary actor-director is expected to undergo further treatment to prevent a re-occurrence, which is normal procedure after most cancer surgeries.
Jodi did not share any further information about Hoffman`s health.
`The Graduate` star, who has been married to Lisa Gottsegen since 1980, is a father of six and grandfather of three, and his family is relieved that he beat cancer.
The iconic star recently wrapped production on Jon Favreau`s `Chef` in mid-July, and he will be back in action soon when he begins filming Roald Dahl`s `Esio Trot` with Judi Dench in the fall.
The six-time Golden Globe winner will also star in `Boys Choir`, which is scheduled to begin production later this year or in early 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Sonakshi Sinha looks kickass in new 'Akira' POSTER! See inside
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Ajay Devgn to release 'Shivaay' trailer in a unique style! Deets inside
- Sanjay Dutt to star in Mahesh Manjrekar's next
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall