Dwayne Johnson battled depression
Los Angeles: Dwayne Johnson, best known among his fans as `The Rock`, has opened up about his struggle to overcome depression.
The 42-year-old actor said it was hard to overcome the "absolute worst time" of his life, which started during his teenage years when he and his mother were evicted from their home.
Johnson started body building in a bid to get into NFL but he did not get selected. He did make it to the Canadian Football League but was released from the team.
The actor says he slipped into depression after that and even broke up with his girlfriend, Dany Garcia, who he married later.
"The dreams I had, they`re dashed. There is no more football. My relationship was crushed. That was my absolute worst time," Johnson said.
"I didn`t want to do a thing. I didn`t want to go anywhere. I was crying constantly. Eventually you reach a point where you are all cried out," he recalls.
Things started looking up for Johnson when he became a hit as WWE star. He soon found an opening in Hollywood
R hosting `Saturday Night Live` in 2000.
He starred in `The Mummy Returns` and `The Scorpion King`. The actor has now been a part of `Fast and Furious` franchise and next stars in `Hercules`.
"I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn`t open. The only thing I had was cracks. I`d do everything to get through those cracks -- scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed.
"Now the opportunity is here. The door is wide open and it`s as big as a garage," said Johnson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump competing with Oscars with White House governors' ball
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Oscars 2017: WATCH- Red Carpet interview with Supporting Actor nominee Dev Patel
- Oscars 2017: Check out the winners of 89th Academy Awards
- 'Apollo 13' star Bill Paxton dies at 61
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall