Eat right and light to beat winter gloom
London: Is the winter cold taking away sunshine and happiness from your life? Indulge in Vitamin C rich food items and eat light.
Femalefirst.co.uk shares tips on how to beat the winter gloom:
- Consume recommended Vitamin C levels daily: It is important to help support your immune system not only in winter, but all year long. It may also help contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Go grill: Grilling is a healthy way to cook food, whatever time of year. Bring that summery barbecue feeling into your kitchen and onto your dining table.
- Make meals lighter: We tend to eat more in the colder months, particularly more carbohydrates. Our calorie intake also increases, making us more prone to weight gain. When the weather is cold and miserable, many of us fill up on carb-loaded comfort foods, whereas in the summer we’re far more likely to eat salads and fruit! Eating more like you would in the warmer weather will help to bring back that summer feeling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms