Eat right, stay fit in autumn
London: Beware of hogging on your favourite delights despite the temptation to do so before the winter sets in.
Izzy Cameron, nutrition and weight management specialist at Diet Chef, an online business that delivers calorie counted meals, gives some tips to ensure a healthy diet.
During autumn, healthy root-vegetables and fruits help keep you fit, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Apples - The nutrients in apples can prevent spikes in blood sugar and reduce the risk of many diseases.
Pears - Recent studies show that the skin of pears contain phenolic phytonutrients, essential compound which enhance one’s health.
Winter squash - Butternut and Pumpkin are some varieties of winter squash which have rich flavour and are high in nutrients.
Cabbage - Cabbage has cholesterol-lowering benefits, and is also rich in fiber particularly when steamed.
Wild Mushrooms - Mushrooms influence blood lipids, blood glucose, immunity, and weight control. They also offer many essential nutrients and antioxidants which the body needs.
Pomegranates - Apart from being a good source of Vitamin C, pomegranates are a rich source of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers.
Root vegetables - Carrots and turnips are a must in autumn and winter.
Pic courtesy: worldcommunitycookbook.org
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi takes up 'Fear vs Neerja' challenge!
- Can't take freedom of speech for granted in democracy: Kamal Haasan
- Sunny Deol's fans give thumps up to 'Ghayal Once Again', mints Rs 14.85 cr!
- Henry Cavill flaunts new look for upcoming flick 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'
- Second dialogue promo of 'Neerja' is here!
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms
- Here’s why you should not sit too much during the day