Eighty percent of Chinese students sleep deprived
Beijing: About 80 percent of primary and middle school students in China are not getting enough sleep, according to a report released Monday.
The study by the China Youth and Children Research Centre says the average sleeping time for elementary and middle school students was less than eight hours, even on weekends, Xinhua reported.
The study was based on reactions from more than 5,000 students in 10 provinces. It was conducted in 1999, 2005 and 2010.
"Heavy workload, poor study habits and long commuting times all contribute to the sleep shortage," said Deng Xiquan, a scholar with the research centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena Kapoor Khan to walk for Gaurav Gupta at LFW W/F 2015
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing