Elizabeth Hurley turns Empire State bldg pink for cancer campaign
New York: Model-actress Elizabeth Hurley turned the Empire State Building pink in celebration of cosmetic giant Estee Lauder`s breast cancer awareness drive.
The `Bedazzled` star has been the company`s celebrity champion for over a decade and on Monday she headed to the top of the iconic skyscraper in New York to mark the campaign`s 20th year.
She then flicked the switch to illuminate the building with pink light - the colour of the international breast cancer fundraising campaign, reported Starpulse.
Thanking Empire State bosses for their hospitality, Hurley tweeted, "Thanks to the wonderful organisers at the Empire State Building for letting us go up to the 103rd floor. Gulp."
The campaign is especially poignant this year as the cosmetic giant boss Evelyn Lauder lost her battle with cancer at the age of 75 last November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Richa Chadha excited to meet Sarabjit Singh's wife
- He is back! Irrfan Khan reveals intriguing first look in 'India Ki Khoj' poster - See pic
- Sex or acting - what did Aditya Roy Kapoor choose? Watch video
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms