Emma Bunton launches campaign to battle tetanus
London: Former Spice Girl Emma Bunton has launched a new campaign to support the world`s poorest countries in the fight against tetanus.
The 37-year-old `Wannabe` hitmaker has teamed up with UNICEF and bosses at a baby products company in their campaign to provide vaccinations to countries where the spasm-inducing infection can prove deadly for mothers and their babies, reported Contactmusic.
The singer, who is a mother to two sons - Beau, six, and Tate, two - has voiced her support for the cause in a bid to raise awareness and to encourage families worldwide to join the campaign.
"UNICEF and Pampers have been working together now for ten years and in that time amazingly they have eliminated it (tetanus) in 10 countries and we have saved millions of mothers and newborn babies all over the world," Bunton said.
"But there is still so much to do and the wonderful thing about UNICEF is they will carry on until we eliminate this from all of the countries. They do amazing work... Every woman deserves that chance for their child to have a good start in life, it`s so important for them," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall