Fitness is more than having muscles: Varun Dhawan
New Delhi: Bollywood newbie Varun Dhawan may have flaunted a muscular look in his debut `Student Of The Year` but he insists that being fit entails a lot more things than having huge muscles.
The 26-year-old actor, who is the son of Bollywood filmmaker David Dhawan, is a fitness enthusiast.
"I have been passionate about fitness from a very young age. For me fitness is a part of my everyday life. But fitness does not mean having big muscles, it means being active, quick and flexible. It can be defined in many terms," Varun said
Varun hits the gym for one and a half hours everyday and is trained by Prashant Sawant.
"I do a mix and match of many exercises. But before anything I do, I go for a warm up as it of prime importance. My trainer is very helpful in keeping me fit. We also do heavy weight mixed with cardiovascular exercises," he said.
The actor has come out with a fitness DVD `Pumpstart` which has a dance routine that flexes 13 major muscle groups in the body. It is choreographed by Remo D`souza.
"I have a great amount of respect for Remo, and for everything he has achieved and done till now. He was able to merge together excessing and dancing very nicely in `Pumpstart`. He is the master of dancing," he said.
Varun is set to team up with his `Student Of The Year` co-star Alia Bhatt in Karan Johar`s next `Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania`. Debutant Shashank Khaitan will be directing the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall