Five ways to ward off acne
New Delhi: The onset of summer often means a nightmare for people with oily skin. Choose the right skin care products to protect your face from zits, says an expert.
Dermatologist Kiran Lohia, managing director of Lumiere Dermatology, shares a few acne defense tips:
* Wash your face only twice a day: When you overwash your face, your skin signals your oil glands to overproduce oil, making it even more greasy. So, limit the excessive skin cleansing so that your skin can naturally balance itself.
* Don`t use soap: Soaps can damage skin by making it drier, rougher and more permeable to bacteria.
* Look for face washes with salicylic acid in it: Salicylic acid is naturally derived from willow bark. It helps to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads. It also reduces oil production. The percentage should be at least one percent of it to have enough efficacies.
* Use moisturiser twice a day. No matter how oily your skin is, your skin still needs moisture to keep it healthy. Look for gentle gels that are free from fragrance, colour and paraben to let your skin breathe.
* Wear sunblock: The sun has UVA and UVB rays which initially may seem to be drying up those pimples. But they ultimately worsen your acne in the long run. Also, the sun can worsen the acne marks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall