For perfect body, eat right, don`t starve: Piaa Bajpai
Chennai: The secret to have a "muscle-toned body" is not dieting, but healthy eating habits and constant workout, says southern actress Piaa Bajpai.
"I`m completely against the idea of dieting because once you stop it, it all comes back. I believe the secret to a perfect body is to eat right and work out constantly. I have been following healthy food and workout regimen for the last few months and I`m extremely happy with the result," the actress said.
"So many people have noticed the change and have complimented me. For a muscle-toned body, I think it`s very important to follow this lifestyle without any distraction," she added.
Piaa doesn`t undergo extensive workout for any film.
"I`m very ambitious about my career and it`s imperative to stay fit, but I`m not working out for any new film. I have taken up this lifestyle seriously because I love my body. I want to look healthy and stay fit," she said
"I have also learned that my metabolism will change with age and I won`t be in a position to undergo such extensive work out few years from now. My body may not accept it and, therefore, I`m doing this now for long term benefits," she added.
Doling out tips on food items, she recommended eating food that contains less carbs and more proteins.
"I`m surviving on egg whites and lots of salad and fruits. I`m a vegetarian but I do eat egg white because it`s filled with proteins. I leave out the yellow part because it is high on carbs," she said
"I also have `rotis` made from certain kind of flour and avoid fruits in the evening because they are high on sugar content," said Piaa
What about any special cravings?
"I manage with a bar of dark chocolate once in a while in the evening. I also have dry fruits and low fat curd. If I really need to eat something different, then I have an omelette without oil," she said.
Piaa also spends a lot of time on cardio and jogs every alternate day. However, she goes light on body weights and prefers spending time on abs workout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall