Freckles made me look dirty, a director said: Julia Roberts
London: Oscar-winner Julia Roberts says she was once asked by a director to get rid of her freckles as it made her look "dirty".
The 46-year-old 'August: Osage County' actress was asked by a director of a film that her facial marks be "taken off" as he thought they made her face look "dirty", reported a website.
"One director wanted me to have two freckles taken off because he said it made my face look dirty," Roberts said.
Mother of three kids, Roberts also feels that many old actress are deeply beautiful and their faces radiate because of confidence and self-assurance.
"I definitely think some of my older female peer group are deeply beautiful women. They have this thing that radiates from them. It's coming from this deep place of understanding who they are and what their purpose is. It creates a light," she said.
The 'Pretty Woman' star also said that ageing has nothing to do with acting, it is just a "cultural obsession".
"I don't spend a lot of time in the mirror. I'm pretty efficient in terms of looking at myself and, to be honest, I don't think what you're talking about is a business demand - it's a cultural obsession," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya chills with Aaradhya, Shweta—See pic shared by Amitabh Bachchan!
- Anushka Sharma flexes muscles for ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan: See Pics
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Promise Day' with these 'vows'!
- Kapoor and Sons: Meet the adorably crazy family – Watch trailer if you missed it
- Johnny Depp stars in fake Trump biopic
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms