Freckles made me look dirty, a director said: Julia Roberts
London: Oscar-winner Julia Roberts says she was once asked by a director to get rid of her freckles as it made her look "dirty".
The 46-year-old 'August: Osage County' actress was asked by a director of a film that her facial marks be "taken off" as he thought they made her face look "dirty", reported a website.
"One director wanted me to have two freckles taken off because he said it made my face look dirty," Roberts said.
Mother of three kids, Roberts also feels that many old actress are deeply beautiful and their faces radiate because of confidence and self-assurance.
"I definitely think some of my older female peer group are deeply beautiful women. They have this thing that radiates from them. It's coming from this deep place of understanding who they are and what their purpose is. It creates a light," she said.
The 'Pretty Woman' star also said that ageing has nothing to do with acting, it is just a "cultural obsession".
"I don't spend a lot of time in the mirror. I'm pretty efficient in terms of looking at myself and, to be honest, I don't think what you're talking about is a business demand - it's a cultural obsession," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hotness alert! Check out Rubina Dilaik’s too-sexy-to-handle avatar
- Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss’ season 10: Check out the tentative list of contestants
- Rahul Khanna to host TV show 'The Mavericks'
- Look what Sonali Bendre has to say about her comeback
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall