George Michael is no more a drug addict
Los Angeles: Singer George Michael has revealed that he has stopped taking drugs.
The 50-year-old `Careless Whisper` singer said he quit smoking cannabis and has been clean for over 18 months, reported a leading daily.
"Not at all. I`ve completely stopped. I haven`t touched it for well over a year-and-a-half now," Michael said.
The star stayed in Pentonville prison in 2010 after a car crash while he was high on cannabis. He was put on anti-anxiety pill which he feels was more easier than he expected.
"Jail wasn`t great. I just thought, get your head down and get on with it. It turned out to be easier than I was expecting because I knew I deserved to be there .. I was pretty overwhelmed by the love and support the fans showed me," he added.
Sharing his experience when he was in intensive care unit few years back while he was fighting pneumonia he said, "On a sub-conscious level it was very frightening and I`ll probably never feel quite as safe again. But I was just so grateful to come out alive and get back to my home in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut in no mood to talk about Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Will Gautam Gulati wear his dancing shoes for 'Jhalak Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'?
- 'Dishoom' POSTER OUT! Jacqueline rides with Varun Dhawan, John Abraham
- Are Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan expecting their first child?
- 'Noor' First look: Sonakshi Sinha in journo avatar!