Gerard Butler took world trip to beat stress
London: Actor Gerard Butler says he felt so stressed out after filming new movie `Olympus Has Fallen` he stepped out of the spotlight and embarked on a round-the-world trip.
The 43-year-old Scottish actor said that the pressure of producing and acting in the action-thriller got too much for him at times, and he felt overwhelmed, reported Daily Star.
"I have to tell you that sometimes, when you are producing and you feel that weight, it`s tough. A couple of people were reminding me while we were in the middle of making it of how crazy I got. They would tell me about how insane I got and things I was saying. I would go, `Oh yeah, so I did`," he said.
"I`ve been making Olympus for a long time, so I thought it was time for a break. I decided to travel. In the past six or seven weeks, I have been to Scotland, England, Italy, Switzerland, Thailand, Mexico, Columbia - all for different reasons.
"But, mostly for travelling, just going to places and seeing friends... But, the real highlight for me was in Thailand, becoming a monk. I was hiding out in temples a lot," Butler said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall