Gorge on pre-workout energy snacks
New Delhi: Ready to hit the gym? Dig in some almonds, apples or bananas, which are packed with essential nutrients. This will not only rejuvenate you but also reduce the risk of muscle cramps.
Here are five quick snacks that provide much-needed energy and power, according to femalefirst.co.uk:
Crunchy Almonds: A handful of almonds is considered a great pre-workout snack as they contain 15 essential nutrients, including vitamin E, potassium, fibre and calcium. Also, according to a research, almonds do not contain as much calories as believed.
Bananas: Bananas contain high potassium content and help reduce the risk of muscle cramp during exercise. Lack of sodium is one of the main reasons that causes muscle cramps, but potassium helps reduce the risk.
Brown Bread: An individual can have a brown bread sandwich also before hitting the gym. You can make the sandwich with almond butter and marmalade or jam as this provides a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and necessary fat.
Yoghurt and Berries: One can opt for a bowl of low-fat yoghurt with a handful of blueberries, raspberries or blackberries. These are excellent source of nutrients which protect muscles from radical damage that can be caused by excessive exercise.
Apples: One can have lemon tea or coffee without sugar, or an apple also before a workout session. The sugar content in apples is moderate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Jackie movie review: Natalie Portman imitates Jacqueline Kennedy effectively
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall