New Delhi: Coleen Khan, Pantene Hair Expert, answers a few frequently asked questions.
How often must women wash their hair?
In the summer due to heat and humidty, one`s hair can get oiler than usual; hence it is advisable to wash one`s hair every alternate day and at least twice a week in the winter.
Is it necessary to use a shampoo, conditioner and serum from the same brand? Why?
Yes, it`s always better to use a shampoo, conditioner and serum from the same brand because each company generally makes products using ingredients that work better together.
How often must one change their shampoo?
It is a myth that one should change their shampoo often. Change your shampoo only if your hair density or texture changes. Once a month, buy a sachet of clarifying shampoo and wash your hair with it; this gets rid of the build-up of your regular shampoo.
How often must one oil one`s hair? Can you shed some light on the debate about oiling being bad for air?
I am of the opinion that oiling is good for your hair. Oil your hair once a week, leave it on for a couple of hours and then wash it off.
The cons of oiling are that it often weighs down the hair (specially if you over oil) and can make your tresses look very greasy. However, oiling has great benefits too! It improves the blood circulation due to the massaging involved and enhances the sheen of your hair. There are also special oils that can help eliminate dandruff.
There seem to be endless haircare products in the market? Could you please list a set of hair care essentials/basics from brushes to serums and anything in between.
Buy a shampoo and conditioner specially meant for your hair type. Opt for a light all-purpose serum. Besides these, you will find a number of products in the market meant specifically for your hair type. For example, if you have curly hair there are products such as curling lotions.
Could you list a few Hair Don`ts?
Don`t use the wrong shampoo and conditioner.
Never brush wet hair.
Trim your hair every 6-8 months.
Regularly clean your brushes and combs.
Don`t expose your hair to the sun.
As told to @AverilNunes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall