Halle Berry credits diabetes behind her youthful looks
London: Actress Halle Berry sees her diabetes as a good thing as it has meant she always takes care of herself.
Berry, 46, who is currently expecting a son with fiance Olivier Martinez, credits her youthful looks to years of taking care of herself, reported Conatctmusic.
"Yes (I look after myself), but that`s also because I`ve been a diabetic since I was 19. I learned to see this illness as a blessing. Thanks to a healthy diet and daily exercise, I can control it. I think that it`s because I`m so healthy that I`ve been able to get pregnant at 46," she said.
The Oscar winning actress has frequently been named one of the sexiest women on the planet and although she is flattered by the achievement, she remains confused as to how it came about because she believes attractiveness is "subjective".
"I`ve never understood that title. Beauty is totally subjective - what`s attractive and what isn`t depends on each person. I try and focus on the sort of woman I want to be. Beauty is fleeting; it`s lovely to be admired, but we all know that is fades over time," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall