Happy that I had kids at 40: Monica Bellucci
London: Italian actress Monica Bellucci is happy she waited till 40 to become a mother because she was not ready for her life to change until then. The `Passion of the Christ` star was 39 when she gave birth to her first child Deva, seven, and 45 when she had her second one, reported a website.
"Before that I wasn`t ready to become a mother. I wasn`t ready for something so incredibly huge, something that would change my life for ever. I think it was because I am an only child. In a way I always felt a child -- too much into myself.
"I worried I wouldn`t be ready to give myself. When the first one came, I thought I`d have another really quickly because I knew I didn`t have much time left. I was lucky to get pregnant at 44. We didn`t have to try for a long time. It was natural," Bellucci said.
Monica, 47, and her husband Vincent Cassell, 45, have been together for 17 years and she says their relationship has changed since they had kids.
"I can never say what`s going to happen. Of course I`d be very happy if we were together for ever. But I don`t know. You never know. You should never take things for granted, especially in a relationship.
"But we do have our children and the love of them means that that love is for ever. I hope our relationship will be for ever but I take it day by day. My relationship with Vincent has changed since we had children. We were together ten years as a couple -- a long time -- so of course everything changed, but for the good," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn gears up for 'Shivaay', says each role is challenging
- Padmavati: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone will be joined by THIS actress?
- Kaabil trailer: Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's love story illuminates in 'darkness'
- Vidya Balan chooses her film wisely!
- Reema Lagoo burns her hands in shooting for 'Naamkarann'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall