Homemade food keeps Kareena Kapoor healthy
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor says rather than surviving on salads and juices, she eats simple Indian food to stay fit and healthy.
"I eat only simple Indian home food , sabzi, roti, dal, chawal, ghee. There are so many benefits of having ghee. My grandmother is 84 and she is still fit and looks beautiful," Kareena told reporters here last evening.
"One should eat everything especially healthy and not junk food. I don`t like the idea of starving. I would eat and burn it out in gym. The amount of intake is what matters," she said.
Kareena, who was size zero five years back, begins her day with a banana milk shake followed by a cup of coffee.
"I don`t know where this term of size zero came from, people called it that way (size zero). I became thin for `Tashan`. And that is because of Rujuta, I followed her instructions," she said.
The 32-year-old actress is a part of a nutrition documentary DVD film `Indian Food Wisdom and The Art of Eating Right`, by famous celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar.
Kareena reveals that she is a vegetarian. Her husband actor Saif Ali Khan, who is also part of this DVD, likes to eat meat but rarely.
"Nawabi food is rich in meat so I opt for dal or paneer while Saif eats mutton. I don`t eat meat," she adds.
Kareena feels older actresses like Madhubala and others were beautiful because they ate simple food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall