How to sleep sweat-free during summer nights
Los Angeles: Getting a good night`s sleep can get tough in summer due to overheating and sweat. So try using curtains smartly or wash your feet before slipping into bed for a sound nap.
Sleep expert Nerina Ramlakhan says "there needs to be a fractional temperature difference between our body and our brain - a warm body and a cool head."
"When the outdoor temperature rises this becomes more difficult but there are plenty of things you can do to beat the heat," as per reports.
Here are some tips:
* Keep a plant mister containing water by your bed to spray on your face during the night.
* Stop your bedroom overheating during the day by keeping curtains and blinds closed.
* Wash your feet with cold water before getting into bed, and/or run your wrists under cold water.
* Place a wet flannel in the fridge for an hour or so before getting into bed and lay it on your forehead to help you drift off to sleep.
* Sleep in cool wet socks or even a damp T-shirt.
* Use light bed sheets.
* Finally, and most importantly stay well hydrated during the day and don`t fret too much if you can`t sleep. Use the time to rest and think positive thoughts, then you will be extra productive the day after.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall