Hrithik Roshan suffers allergic reaction, hospitalized
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan was Sunday hospitalised following an allergic reaction, his spokesman said. The actor was admitted to the Kokilaben Hospital late afternoon and is currently under observation. "Hrithik was hospitalized for an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that he had. He is under observation and was to be discharged tonight. He is much better now and recuperating," said Hrithik`s spokesperson.
The actor was busy with the promotions of his recently released film "Guzaarish" and that`s when he had the medicine and fell ill, the spokesperson said.
"Doctors confirmed that I experienced allergic reaction to an antibiotic. My lungs just closed. Throat went into spasm, could not breathe," said the 36-year-old actor in a statement released by his spokesperson.
"Lips became 10 times their size. I was rushed to the hospital on time. I am under observation and will be discharged late night. But all good. It`s always good.
"Was celebrating `Guzaarish` at home, now celebrating from here (hospital). No difference," Hrithik added.
It was earlier reported that Hrithik refrained from attending his Kolkata promotions, scheduled for earlier this week, for "Guzaarish" because he was suspecting suffering from malaria. However that was not confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's home into house!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall