Hugh Jackman had skin cancer
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Hugh Jackman has revealed that he had been diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma, a common form of skin cancer.
The 45-year-old actor said he has already had it removed and posted a picture of himself with a bandaged nose on micro-blogging site Twitter, reported Ace Showbiz.
The `Prisoners` star credited his wife Deborra-Lee Furness for the early cancer diagnosis.
"Deb said to get the mark on my nose checked. Boy, was she right! I had a basil cell carcinoma. Please don`t be foolish like me. Get yourself checked. And use sunscreen!!!," he posted.
"It`s all sun damage from the `60s and `50s when I was competitively water-skiing and living on a lake and all my training outside. Nobody wears sunblock back then. I first had one here on my cheek. Just a little red spot. It`s a basal-cell carcinoma, which is a - basically it is a skin cancer, because it doesn`t heal," he added.
Other celebrities who have revealed their own brushes with skin cancer include Eric Dane, Ewan McGregor, Sarah Paulson and Anderson Cooper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- Salman Khan strikes candid pose with nephews Arhaan and Nirvaan! – Pic inside
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall