Hugh Jackman had skin cancer
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Hugh Jackman has revealed that he had been diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma, a common form of skin cancer.
The 45-year-old actor said he has already had it removed and posted a picture of himself with a bandaged nose on micro-blogging site Twitter, reported Ace Showbiz.
The `Prisoners` star credited his wife Deborra-Lee Furness for the early cancer diagnosis.
"Deb said to get the mark on my nose checked. Boy, was she right! I had a basil cell carcinoma. Please don`t be foolish like me. Get yourself checked. And use sunscreen!!!," he posted.
"It`s all sun damage from the `60s and `50s when I was competitively water-skiing and living on a lake and all my training outside. Nobody wears sunblock back then. I first had one here on my cheek. Just a little red spot. It`s a basal-cell carcinoma, which is a - basically it is a skin cancer, because it doesn`t heal," he added.
Other celebrities who have revealed their own brushes with skin cancer include Eric Dane, Ewan McGregor, Sarah Paulson and Anderson Cooper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Salman Khan parties with his 'Dabangg 3' heroines? Scoop inside
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall