I almost lost my sanity: Kerry Washington
Los Angeles: ‘Django Unchained’ star Kerry Washington says she almost lost her sanity while filming the controversial Quentin Tarantino movie.
Washington said the gruelling eight month shoot nearly sent her over the edge, reported Radar Online.
"I felt like if it had gone on a week longer, I would have lost my mind," said the actress, who plays Jamie Foxx`s wife in the movie.
The actress asked her manager and her parents to visit her at the sets so she feels at ease.
"I usually never let my people come visit me on set because I think it`s terribly distracting. I don`t enjoy it but I asked them to come down because I was concerned for my sanity," she added.
Washington said during the movie shoot, she received real lashings from the actor playing her overseer. She also had to spend time in a "hot box" to get used to scenes in which her character, the slave Broomhilda, was imprisoned in an underground metal container.
‘Django Unchained’ was the number one movie at the box office last weekend and has five Golden Globe nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Bored of saris, anarkalis on special occasions? Innovate
- Twitteratti want Captain America to turn 'gay'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall