I had a miscarriage, fine now: Dimpy Mahajan
New Delhi: There were reports last year that reality TV couple Rahul and Dimpy Mahajan were expecting their first child together. Dimpy confirmed the news, but informed that she suffered a miscarriage.
"It is true I was pregnant. But since doctors advise you to not reveal the news until the first three months, we didn`t speak about it. But I don`t know how this news leaked. Unfortunately I suffered a miscarriage in the very first month. It`s a normal thing and I am fine," Dimpy told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
Dimpy married Rahul on national television in 2010. She pipped 14 contestants and over 16,500 applicants on Imagine TV`s reality show ‘Rahul Dulhania Le Jaayega’ to marry the son of late Bharatiya Janata Party leader Pramod Mahajan.
However, just four months after marriage, trouble started brewing when the Kolkata-based model accused Rahul of "punching, kicking and dragging" her. However, both of them later sorted out their differences and were back together. Dimpy says after two years, their bond has become much stronger.
"Our relationship has grown stronger over the years. We have had our share of ups and downs but now we understand each other much more than before and everything is going good," she said.
Meanwhile, Dimpy is set to make her small screen debut as Naagin Jwala on Sahara One`s ‘Kahani Chandrakanta Ki’ and says she is really excited about the show.
"I am playing a naagin (female serpent) in the show and I am really excited about it. Historical and mythological shows have always fascinated me. As a child I loved watching such shows because of their grand sets, clothes, jewellery and being part of it now is amazing," she said.
But carrying the costume and jewellery is not easy, says Dimpy. Another reason behind her taking up this show was to clear the misconceptions that Bengalis can`t speak pure Hindi.
"There is a misconception that Bengali people can`t speak proper Hindi and what can be better than to be a part of a show like this and to prove people wrong. All the dialogues in this show are in pure Hindi language," she said.
So what kept you away from small screen for so long?
"The way we got married, I wanted some time to settle down, we had to understand each other more. Rahul always encouraged me to be a part of TV industry but I needed time and now after two years I feel it`s time that I do something for myself," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall