I had to stop eating for 13 days for Les Miserables role, says Anne Hathaway
London: Anne Hathaway, who plays a malnourished prostitute in new flick ‘Les Miserables’, has opened up about how she starved herself for the role.
The actress shed 25lbs to portray the poverty-stricken factory worker forced to turn to prostitution, and it was no easy task, the Daily Mail reported.
“I just had to stop eating all for a total of 13 days shooting,” she told the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
The 29-year-old shed the weight in two stages: she dropped 10lbs in three weeks before filming, and then 15lbs during production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall