I lived like a monk: Hugh Jackman
Los Angeles: Actor Hugh Jackman says he "lived like a monk" to prepare for his role as Jean Valjean in ‘Les Miserables’.
The 44-year-old takes on the role of Jean Valjean, a convict who manages to turn his life around in Tom Hooper`s big-screen adaptation of the hit musical.
"The director told me `I need you to get to where your friends stop you and ask, `Are you OK? Are you sick?`. Until you get to that point you haven`t gone far enough`. It took me to places I`ve never been before, vocally, physically, emotionally," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Jackman as saying.
"I told my wife, `This may be too much for me`. She replied, `It will probably demand more of you than anything you`ve done so it should feel frightening and uncomfortable`. She told me, `Use the fear. Work harder. Get in there.` I shaved my head, had to lose more than two stone in weight and lived like a monk, nursing my vocal cords with a portable steam machine and avoiding dairy products," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Late Bollywood actor Om Puri remembered at Oscars 2017
- 'Trapped' a risk worth taking: Vikramaditya Motwane
- 89th Academy Awards: Bollywood celebrities react to Best Picture award announcement blunder
- Amitabh Bachchan, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt walk the runway for cancer patients
- Oscars 2017: The winners and the diversity
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall