I`m stronger now: Mischa Barton
Los Angeles: Actress Mischa Barton, who once became a talk of Hollywood for her uncontrollable partying, says she has emerged "stronger" after a "full-on breakdown" in her life.
"I`ve learned a lot...I`m stronger now," she told People magazine.
She became a popular name ten years ago with hit TV series ‘The O.C.’. She was 17 back then, and admits, "We thought, `Work hard, play hard`".
In 2007, she was arrested for driving under influence, and two years later, shortly after her parents attempted an intervention, she blacked out under the influence of a sedative. She even landed in the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center psychiatric ward under an involuntary 5150 hold after she threatened to kill herself.
"It was a full-on breakdown,"
"I was under enormous pressure," added the actress, who finally slowed down and focussed on getting healthy.
She was troubled by criticism about her body.
When she first shot to stardom, "It was always, `She`s too skinny, she must be sick`," recalls the 27-year-old.
"Then it was, `She`s too big.` I was never the right weight," she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dev Patel's 'Lion' to release in Australia
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall