I`m stronger now: Mischa Barton
Los Angeles: Actress Mischa Barton, who once became a talk of Hollywood for her uncontrollable partying, says she has emerged "stronger" after a "full-on breakdown" in her life.
"I`ve learned a lot...I`m stronger now," she told People magazine.
She became a popular name ten years ago with hit TV series ‘The O.C.’. She was 17 back then, and admits, "We thought, `Work hard, play hard`".
In 2007, she was arrested for driving under influence, and two years later, shortly after her parents attempted an intervention, she blacked out under the influence of a sedative. She even landed in the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center psychiatric ward under an involuntary 5150 hold after she threatened to kill herself.
"It was a full-on breakdown,"
"I was under enormous pressure," added the actress, who finally slowed down and focussed on getting healthy.
She was troubled by criticism about her body.
When she first shot to stardom, "It was always, `She`s too skinny, she must be sick`," recalls the 27-year-old.
"Then it was, `She`s too big.` I was never the right weight," she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms