I miss my exquisite breasts, says Christina Applegate
New York: American actress Christina Applegate has opened up about her struggle of coming to terms with losing both her breasts after undergoing surgery for breast cancer in 2008.
“I miss my exquisite breasts sometimes,” the New York Post quoted her as telling More magazine, referencing a line about her breasts in the 2004 comedy ‘Anchorman.’
The ‘Up all Night’ star said that her family, friends and a spiritual advisor helped her overcome her “total emotional collapse.”
Applegate said that while her battle encouraged people to talk about breast cancer, she would have liked more time to cope with her life-altering operation.
“The good thing is that we got the information out, but talking about the facts of the disease [to others], I didn’t have to see what was going on with me,” she said.
“I think when [the attention] slowed down, it all came crashing down,” she added.
Applegate had a full recovery after her surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms
- Here’s why you should not sit too much during the day