I used to smoke heroin: Josh Brolin
Los Angeles: ‘Gangster Squad’ star Josh Brolin says his wild youth involved taking drugs and stealing cars along with a prison stint for fighting with police.
The 44-year-old actor, who was out of control in his teenage years, said filming `The Goonies` saved him because he enjoyed working on movies too much to get completely addicted, reported Radar online.
"What`d I spend the money on? Drums and drugs. What else was there? I was the last guy to get into heroin - I smoked it - and the first to get out. I was around 16 or 17, so it was around the time of `The Goonies`. But I liked working and learning, so it was very difficult for me to lend myself to that drug completely.
"I stole a lot of radios from cars. I could pop the detail with a coat hanger real easy. I got very good at it. I can still do it today. I could do it like that," he said.
Brolin, who was arrested for public intoxication in Santa Monica, Los Angeles on New Year`s Day, also said that he served time in jail after getting involved in a brawl.
"When I was 19 a fight broke out, and when the police came, I fought the police. I was pretty drunk. To this day, I have no idea what the fight was about. I woke up in jail. The police were very angry with me. Very angry. They kicked my ass really well...," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall