I used to smoke heroin: Josh Brolin
Los Angeles: ‘Gangster Squad’ star Josh Brolin says his wild youth involved taking drugs and stealing cars along with a prison stint for fighting with police.
The 44-year-old actor, who was out of control in his teenage years, said filming `The Goonies` saved him because he enjoyed working on movies too much to get completely addicted, reported Radar online.
"What`d I spend the money on? Drums and drugs. What else was there? I was the last guy to get into heroin - I smoked it - and the first to get out. I was around 16 or 17, so it was around the time of `The Goonies`. But I liked working and learning, so it was very difficult for me to lend myself to that drug completely.
"I stole a lot of radios from cars. I could pop the detail with a coat hanger real easy. I got very good at it. I can still do it today. I could do it like that," he said.
Brolin, who was arrested for public intoxication in Santa Monica, Los Angeles on New Year`s Day, also said that he served time in jail after getting involved in a brawl.
"When I was 19 a fight broke out, and when the police came, I fought the police. I was pretty drunk. To this day, I have no idea what the fight was about. I woke up in jail. The police were very angry with me. Very angry. They kicked my ass really well...," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- 'Raees' Shah Rukh Khan is travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train – See pics
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall