I’m as healthy as can be, says skeletal Matthew Mcconaughey
Washington: Matthew Mcconaughey has defended his drastic weight loss, insisting that he is healthy.
The 43-year-old shed 40 pounds (18.1 kilograms) to play a skeletal Aids victim in his latest movie The Dallas Buyer’s Club, and his ever-shrinking frame has given some fans cause for concern.
But the actor is adamant that he is not losing weight from starving himself, and is actually relying on a diet of fish to keep his energy up.
“I feel fine. I really do. I’m eating fresh fish. I’m just eating small amounts. I’m not being starved. If anything, it’s as much a spiritual journey as it is physical,” a website has quoted him as saying.
“I have body soreness. (But) I’m as healthy as can be. My blood pressure, everything’s fine,” he said.
The actor, who previously revealed he was dreaming of sinking his teeth into a greasy cheeseburger once filming on the drama ends, has now asserted that he won’t be able to devour the meaty treat straight away.
“You can’t just start eating cheeseburgers and ice cream. Your body will go into shock,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall