Jane Fonda releases new `fun and easy` yoga DVD
London: Jane Fonda, who won millions of fans with her workout films of the 1980s, has released a new yoga DVD which she has described as a “fun and easy” way to stay fit.
The 75-year-old actress revealed that punishing yourself was the main point of classics like her 1982 video ‘Workout’ that sold 17 million copies worldwide.
The fitness guru said that generation of women who did endless pelvic lifts wearing leg warmers and leotards were not supposed to feel the burn - but to feel the agony instead.
Fonda admitted that age is now catching up with her and she has to adjust the routines that she performs.
“I used to be all about going for the pain,” a leading daily has quoted her as saying.
“Not anymore. I’m not asking them to do anything too hard. I do them (the exercises) with older people in mind. I want it to be fun and easy for them, but effective,” she added.
As the years have rolled by Fonda has had to cope with osteoarthritis, which causes joint pain. She has had her hip and knee replaced and is still recovering from back surgery which took place in March.
Fonda said she used to do two hours of strenuous yoga every day but admitted “those days are long gone. It got to be too hard.”
As a result her new yoga DVD is more easygoing and focuses on light stretches that will improve mobility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Massive crowd erupts at Vadodara railway station to see Shah Rukh Khan; 2 injured in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall